Photo

Man Utd vs Olympiakos - 19/03/14

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

Spens1

Spens1
  • 5,487 posts
  • Joined 09-May 13

Whatever do you mean?  This is the finely crafted tactical masterpiece of the 1999/2000 Division 2 Champion I'll have you know.

looks like a tactic used in conference north actually but if it worked in division 2 i will believe you

PanosEnglish

PanosEnglish
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 07-October 13

Jones and Evans will be fit..?

I would choose

De gea

Rafael Evans Vidic Evra

Valencia Carrick Jones Januzaj

RVP Rooney

Manchester United Greek Supporters Club

''Your job now is to stand by your new manager...''

StrikerMo

StrikerMo
  • 24,387 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13

Not Jones in midfield again...

"My greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch...and you can print that."

PanosEnglish

PanosEnglish
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 07-October 13

So u want Rooney in midfield again??

Our midfield was awful again..We have to do something..At least fletcher..Not Cleverley again!!

StrikerMo

StrikerMo
  • 24,387 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13

Again? 

"My greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch...and you can print that."

PanosEnglish

PanosEnglish
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 07-October 13
Yeah..In my opinion again!
Many goals this season are begin from our midfield..We don't have a clear midfielder to cut balls..

Splendid Spy

Splendid Spy
  • 4,071 posts
  • Joined 10-July 11
Is welbeck fit for this game?

There's really nothing to lose. We just need to attack attack attack. .. if welbeck is ok, we should play him and roo behind rvp. Januzaj and valencia to provide the width with Jones protecting the back 4. We really need jones energy in the middle. .. and distributing it quickly to our pacy players up front. Vida and evans should be our Centre backs.

If we get an early goal we have a chance to turn things around.

StrikerMo

StrikerMo
  • 24,387 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13

Did you not watch the game on Tuesday? 

Splendid Spy

Splendid Spy
  • 4,071 posts
  • Joined 10-July 11

what about? what did I miss? Actually I couldn't wake up in time for the game. It was like 3.45 am local time.

MichaelÁngelo

MichaelÁngelo
  • 7,739 posts
  • Joined 02-July 11

Believe?

If we play even a half decent game, I think we could overturn it. But we are seeing these decent games less and less

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did – in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
- Bob Monkhouse

Gerald G

Gerald G
  • 242 posts
  • Joined 26-November 11

I've got a bad feeling we'll beat them 3-1 and miss a few chances. 

MichaelÁngelo

MichaelÁngelo
  • 7,739 posts
  • Joined 02-July 11

I've got a bad feeling we'll beat them 3-1 and miss a few chances. 

you had to come up with the worst case scenario

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did – in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.
- Bob Monkhouse

Moskito!

Moskito!
  • 111 posts
  • Joined 01-May 13
Ballot succeeded ;)

Hope it will be a good night with a qualification at the end of the game !!!

Glory Glory Man United, as the Reds Go Marching On, On, On.

Don't forget, if I do mistakes in some of my posts, please correct me. Cheers.

Dejan Dlaka

Dejan Dlaka
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 13-July 11

before the game ... it's a must

Premier League is all about Manchester United while others are fighting for leftovers

Njords Saga

Njords Saga
  • 4,405 posts
  • Joined 09-August 11

before the game ... it's a must

:lol:  reminds me of my little league days.

“To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.” Lao Tzu

Nemanja79

Nemanja79
  • 4,342 posts
  • Joined 15-September 11

Kagawa after Olympiacos match:

"I thought we needed to build some rhythm. We have a lot of goal scoring finishers, but we hadn't been able to build up to a goal scoring opportunity. So I went in thinking I'd like to win back our rhythm, but it was harder than I imagined. The manager just told me to go out and get on the ball. And I was confident I could create opportunities if I could just get on the ball, but the ball wouldn't come my way, as we resorted to many long balls. There were so many more situations where I was available to receive the ball, but... Well, it's done and over, so what can I say.

I thought I might get an outing today. It's vexing that I couldn't contribute results, but I have to carry on day by day. My given situation isn't going to dramatically change, so I'll just keep plugging away. Whatever the situation, you've got to keep on trudging. I'm not taking it negatively. I get more freedom in the CL anyway(as opposed to league), and my abilities are more useful (in the CL). We still have the return leg. I've got a good 'image' in my mind of what we need to do to win the return leg, and we definitely have a shot at turning this around at home, so I'll prepare for that."

abGtmkbagH.jpg

... and maybe have some chance.

Send Young, Valencia and Cleverley on "deserved" holiday. They may as well bring Moyes with them too.

StrikerMo

StrikerMo
  • 24,387 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13

He could start by not being so easily dispossessed.  No one doubts his technical ability.  He needs to find some way of influencing the game regardless of circumstance.  That's what great players do.   

Fergiegiveusawave

Fergiegiveusawave
  • 10,652 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

If he'd had more of an impact out wide like Mata has been able to do, he'd be getting more sympathy from me. No-one can question his ability, we're crying out for a link between mid and attack no more than in the last game and Kagawa would have provided that link had the rest of the midfield not been an absolute waste of space.

"The difference between insanity and ingenious is measured only by success. This thread is a success." - Marc 15/09/13

Marc

Marc
  • 11,289 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

What I don't get is, I believe Kagawa and Mata have been given the same role when played nominally out wide, yes they have to go there without the ball, but with the ball both have had freedom to go where there please.  But it appears to me that Mata is far more willing to do this, he's shown that he's no restricted to being out there and has popped up all over the pitch.

Kagawa on the other hand wanders a bit but seems to choose to stay wider a lot of the time, why would he do this when he can impact the game more centrally?  Unless Moyes is choosing to give different roles to effectively the same player.

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison
“不要給他媽的這是什麼看起來不錯 - 馬克

StrikerMo

StrikerMo
  • 24,387 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13

yeah, the quote about getting on the ball rings true to me... I'm with you Marc, I'd think the role would be the exact same.  I'm not sure why Kagawa chooses to keep that width more than Mata. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users