Photo

Man Utd vs Southampton - 19/10/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
278 replies to this topic

StrikerMo

StrikerMo
  • 21,864 posts
  • Joined 04-May 13

Then they get all offended if you tell them to, "fuck off, if I wanted to sit in a shitty bar drinking piss all night I'd have stayed in England."

exactly

"My greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch...and you can print that."

PanosEnglish

PanosEnglish
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 07-October 13

3 points are needed again to keep in touch with 1st place..

We have to improve our defence problem..why not Jones in the starting eleven..?as a cb..

Manchester United Greek Supporters Club

''Your job now is to stand by your new manager...''

Mike

Mike
  • 11,895 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11

3 points are needed again to keep in touch with 1st place..

We have to improve our defence problem..why not Jones in the starting eleven..?as a cb..

It will all depend on how the internationals get on. Jones & Smalling are both in the England squad, Evans will undoubtedly be in the Northern Ireland squad, while Rio & Vidic have both retired from international duty, so technically they've got the advantage at the moment.

Hopefully Jones will miss the England games*, or only play a little, so he'll be fully fit and ready for Southampton as I'd personally agree with yourself about keeping him in CB again.

*I want England to qualify for the world cup, obviously, but if we did, we'd only play defensive, boring football and not get anywhere in the tournament, so there's not much point even going :lol:

IN TEARS.              I'll eat my own shit if we finish outside the top 4! - Jamie, 20/05/14, Page 4 LVG thread. // If we sign Vidal, I'll buy a shirt with Fellaini's name on the back. - Jamie 07/07/14, Page

113 W/WPYO Thread. // Still can't quite get my head around the fact he [Fellaini] didn't bring any of his previous goal threat. - Ole

Fergiegiveusawave

Fergiegiveusawave
  • 9,060 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

It will all depend on how the internationals get on. Jones & Smalling are both in the England squad, Evans will undoubtedly be in the Northern Ireland squad, while Rio & Vidic have both retired from international duty, so technically they've got the advantage at the moment.

Hopefully Jones will miss the England games*, or only play a little, so he'll be fully fit and ready for Southampton as I'd personally agree with yourself about keeping him in CB again.

*I want England to qualify for the world cup, obviously, but if we did, we'd only play defensive, boring football and not get anywhere in the tournament, so there's not much point even going :lol:

Yeah I am very disillusioned with England. I want them to win but I don't get too fussed if they don't, I'm more concerned about the United players coming back fit and healthy.

"The difference between insanity and ingenious is measured only by success. This thread is a success." - Marc 15/09/13

Mike

Mike
  • 11,895 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11

Yeah I am very disillusioned with England. I want them to win but I don't get too fussed if they don't, I'm more concerned about the United players coming back fit and healthy.

If we had a positive game plan, went to win games and used enjoyable players over work-horses, I would love to watch England and I wouldn't be as negative towards them, but while Woy's in charge, I just can't bring myself to it.

If Redknapp had been appointed, I'd have been so happy as he's quite delusional, attacks a lot and will play exciting football. I'm not saying we'd have been any better, but at least we could enjoy watching it.

We've had boring football for too long now, we were boring under Capello too.

IN TEARS.              I'll eat my own shit if we finish outside the top 4! - Jamie, 20/05/14, Page 4 LVG thread. // If we sign Vidal, I'll buy a shirt with Fellaini's name on the back. - Jamie 07/07/14, Page

113 W/WPYO Thread. // Still can't quite get my head around the fact he [Fellaini] didn't bring any of his previous goal threat. - Ole

Marc

Marc
  • 9,803 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Ashley Young isn't  in the squad though, that in itself makes England slightly better to watch. 

Hope we see a front three of Welbeck, Rooney and Sturridge.  We won't though.  I've managed to take the England thread off course and am now discussing England in a match thread, go me :D

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison
“不要給他媽的這是什麼看起來不錯 - 馬克

Dave

Dave
  • 5,094 posts
  • Joined 29-April 13

I'd try and keep the same team that played on Saturday the only area i'd change would probably be the right flank.

The international break shouldn't really be an issue, hopefully they all come back fit.

Dave

Dave
  • 5,094 posts
  • Joined 29-April 13

If we had a positive game plan, went to win games and used enjoyable players over work-horses, I would love to watch England and I wouldn't be as negative towards them, but while Woy's in charge, I just can't bring myself to it.

If Redknapp had been appointed, I'd have been so happy as he's quite delusional, attacks a lot and will play exciting football. I'm not saying we'd have been any better, but at least we could enjoy watching it.

We've had boring football for too long now, we were boring under Capello too.

When was this :P

Fergiegiveusawave

Fergiegiveusawave
  • 9,060 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

Ashley Young isn't  in the squad though, that in itself makes England slightly better to watch. 

Hope we see a front three of Welbeck, Rooney and Sturridge.  We won't though.  I've managed to take the England thread off course and am now discussing England in a match thread, go me :D

Haha, you won't be satisfied until the conversation in every thread makes no sense whatsoever in correlation to what it's supposed to be about!

"The difference between insanity and ingenious is measured only by success. This thread is a success." - Marc 15/09/13

Marc

Marc
  • 9,803 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

The big question on the United team for me is can you leave Adnan out now?

You wouldn't usually expect a kid to start again so quickly as you try and ease them in but he put in such a big claim for that spot that it'd be hard not to play him.

I take it Kagawa and Hernandez need to fly half way around the world this week?

If not I'd like to see Hernandez have a run for van Persie, he didn't look arsed on Saturday and was our one major negative for me.  His positioning this season has been lazy as fuck and his first touch hasn't been what it was last season.  Just hope that Arsenal mentality hasn't cost him his drive now he's won something.  I know he's still been top scorer but he hasn't looked the same player yet this season.

"You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" - Bullet Tooth Tony
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” - Harlan Ellison
“不要給他媽的這是什麼看起來不錯 - 馬克

Mike

Mike
  • 11,895 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11

When was this :P

If England played attacking football, it would be great to watch them, especially in a pub full of England fans - have you seen the Spanish or Brazilian fans when their team play? It's good enough just watching the fans watch their team :lol: I get depressed watching the current England side though.

Until things change, it'll be "Just don't get injured on international duty" for me watching the likes of Jones, Welbeck, Rooney etc.

Got a tough game against Southampton, so I'm not sure if this international break has done us a favour or made it worse. They're going to be difficult to break down (one of - if not the - best drilled team defensively in prem I think) PLUS they're good at counter attacking, which is a nightmare against United and our 1mph running midfield

Marc

Marc
  • 9,803 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

If England played attacking football, it would be great to watch them, especially in a pub full of England fans - have you seen the Spanish or Brazilian fans when their team play? It's good enough just watching the fans watch their team :lol: I get depressed watching the current England side though.

I was away for the International break this time last year (just like I am this year :)) and I watched the German game with/around a large group of German fans when Sweden came back from 4-down to nick a point. 

That was a hilarious night :lol:

“不要給他媽的這是什麼看起來不錯 - 馬克

Mike

Mike
  • 11,895 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11

The big question on the United team for me is can you leave Adnan out now?

You wouldn't usually expect a kid to start again so quickly as you try and ease them in but he put in such a big claim for that spot that it'd be hard not to play him.

I take it Kagawa and Hernandez need to fly half way around the world this week?

If not I'd like to see Hernandez have a run for van Persie, he didn't look arsed on Saturday and was our one major negative for me.  His positioning this season has been lazy as fuck and his first touch hasn't been what it was last season.  Just hope that Arsenal mentality hasn't cost him his drive now he's won something.  I know he's still been top scorer but he hasn't looked the same player yet this season.

The Januzaj one is a tough decision, had a great performance, won't be knackered from international duty over the next 10 days or so, can produce a fantastic through ball to break a solid defence, but he's still inexperienced and may get targeted by the S'ton players (like all good young attacking players are, e.g. Ronaldo).

I'd honestly stick with him, given Kagawa will probably be flying long distances, and the likes of Young & Valencia aren't producing the goods. It might be best to keep the same team, barring injuries obviously. It's hard to drop RVP too, I'm completely with you on his performances, but he played well against these last year so it may spark him up again, while I think Chicharito would have a hard time in this game anyway as they don't leave many gaps at all for him to exploit.

The game may rely on sheer quality - such as a great goal from outside the box - rather than a few tap ins.

Mike

Mike
  • 11,895 posts
  • Joined 27-December 11

I was away for the International break this time last year (just like I am this year :)) and I watched the German game with/around a large group of German fans when Sweden came back from 4-down to nick a point. 

That was a hilarious night :lol:

Surprised you didn't trigger World War 3 :lol:

Marc

Marc
  • 9,803 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

I'd usually say it's got a 0-0 or a nicked 1-0 written all over it but to be honest I can't see us keeping a clean sheet at the minute so really unsure what to predict.

We need to start building some momentum though so I'd take any win we can get.  Southampton haven't been scoring many goals either.

“不要給他媽的這是什麼看起來不錯 - 馬克

Fergiegiveusawave

Fergiegiveusawave
  • 9,060 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

I'd usually say it's got a 0-0 or a nicked 1-0 written all over it but to be honest I can't see us keeping a clean sheet at the minute so really unsure what to predict.

We need to start building some momentum though so I'd take any win we can get.  Southampton haven't been scoring many goals either.

Yeah I actually think this might not be the toughest game in the world. They haven't been scoring many goals as you say. We need to start winning anyway, build up a bit of a run, the truth of it is that if we win our next 3 games, there's a massive possibility we could be into the top 4. It's very bunched all over the table.

Marc

Marc
  • 9,803 posts
  • Joined 11-August 11

Yeah I actually think this might not be the toughest game in the world. They haven't been scoring many goals as you say. We need to start winning anyway, build up a bit of a run, the truth of it is that if we win our next 3 games, there's a massive possibility we could be into the top 4. It's very bunched all over the table.

Yeah the fact we're 6 points off the top after our worst ever Premier League start speaks volumes for how tight the league is this year. 

And the top two aren't realistically going to win it either, we're chasing a 4 point deficit to Chelsea in the main.

“不要給他媽的這是什麼看起來不錯 - 馬克

Fergiegiveusawave

Fergiegiveusawave
  • 9,060 posts
  • Joined 16-May 12

Yeah the fact we're 6 points off the top after our worst ever Premier League start speaks volumes for how tight the league is this year. 

And the top two aren't realistically going to win it either, we're chasing a 4 point deficit to Chelsea in the main.

Pretty much my point through this whole perceived crisis. We're only 3 behind City, who I personally still consider favourites to win the league. We have looked better in Europe than they have.. Some pundits have been talking as though we are the only team who have played poorly. I'd argue that the only team who haven't really played a bad game in the top few teams is Liverpool and we all know they aren't going to win the league!

Bristow

Bristow
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 26-June 13

I was saying this earlier, we are perceived to be in some sort of crisis, having our worst start in 20 years, yet we are only 6 points off of Arsenal who are having the best start in 10 years and are being lauded by all the critics and fans. 

Some people need to gain some perspective.

MichaelÁngelo

MichaelÁngelo
  • 7,084 posts
  • Joined 02-July 11

I'm somewhat surprised Southampton are doing so well. They didn't seem like anything special in the few games I managed to see. they had decent fixtures though.

Fanzone > Games > Fantasy Premier League 2014/15   ------------ Do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users